Sunday, April 11, 2010

Great Stories



This winter I found a great book that I would love to share. It's called Hero Tales by Dave & Neta Jackson. It has become my kids favorite books for morning devotional. The book contains stories about fifteen heroes that have inspired my children. The first story was about Gladys Aylward who was told she was not qualified to be a missionary. She didn't give up her dream to serve God and her story was an example of courage, confidence, faith, and perseverance. I had tears in my eyes when learning about her month long journey over the mountains with hundereds of children.

I was telling a good friend about how Glays inspired me and she asked if I had seen the movie, "The Inn of the sixth Happiness" with Ingrid Bergman? We found it on netflix and watched it on a cold Saturday morning. My kids made me pause the movie for any bathroom breaks!!!! Reading the stories about Gladys sparked their interest and now they are even wanting to do reports on her. Talk about inspiring! So needless to say we went on NetFlix and looked for other movies about people in the book. Just finished watching a story on Amy Carmichael. Highly recommed this one too. So many inspiring lives!!! If you are looking for a new book, I would highly recommend Hero Tales!! Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment